How To Apply
Eligibility: The program is open to current juniors and seniors enrolled in North American high schools.
To apply to the Tikvah Summer Institute on God, Ethics, and American Democracy, please click the “Register” button below. You will be asked to fill out an online registration form consisting of basic information and to upload a single Word or PDF file, marked with your last name and page number on all pages, and containing the following documents:
- A curriculum vitae or resume, including any employment or other activities in which you will be engaged during the summer of 2013, and the dates of such activities;
- Transcripts of your high school and any other applicable academic records;
- An essay of 600 to 800 words describing a philosophical, literary, or religious text that has had a profound influence on the way you understand the world.
- An essay of 200-250 words in response to the following question: What is the greatest challenge facing the Jewish people today and why?
- An essay of 200-250 words in response to the following question: Who is the most impressive figure of the 20th century and why?
- You may also include your letters of recommendation.